Cast videos from the Youtube application to Kodi
This is not a full chromecast implementation nor will it ever be. It will only work as long as Google keep backwards compatibility with the cast v1 protocol in the Youtube application. Deeply inspired by Leapcast and gotubecast projects
an implementation of the cast v1 protocol in kodi to act as a player for the youtube mobile application
Repositories: Kodi Add-on repository [Leia]
xbmc.python (>= 2.25.0)
script.module.bottle (>= 0.12.0)
script.module.requests (>= 2.12.4)
plugin.video.youtube (>= 5.5.1)
How To Install
In order to install tubecast you may use one of the repositories mentioned under Additional Information > Repositories section above. Or, simply download the addon directly (if such option is present).
To install from a repository
- Open up Kodi and navigate into Add-ons.
- Click the open box icon (above the side-menu).
- Select Install from repository.
- Select the repository you wish to install from.
- Select the addon type, e.g. Video add-ons.
- Select tubecast.
- Click Install.