Python TMDB Movie Scraper
themoviedb.org is a free and open movie database. It's completely user driven by people like you. TMDb is currently used by millions of people every month and with their powerful API, it is also used by many popular media centers like Kodi to retrieve Movie Metadata, Posters and Fanart to enrich the user's experience.
v1.3.0 (2020-10-04)- Change: removed dependencies on requests, tmdbsimple, and trakt modules- Change: images now returned with initial API call instead of during fallback- Change: settings language for TMDb now use culture name (i.e. en-US) - required for direct API callv1.2.1 (2020-08-08)- Fix: Prefer movies that exactly match search title and year- Fix: Change 'landscape from TMDb' option disabled behavior to keep titled fanart
How To Install
- Download the addon.
- Open up Kodi and navigate into Add-ons.
- Click the open box icon (above the side-menu).
- Select Install from zip file.
- If this is the first addon you install, Kodi will warn you about installing addons from "unknown sources" for security reasons - it's your call.
- In any case, Kodi will warn you, you may not get auto-updates for this addon.
- Navigate into the location where you've downloaded the addon to and select it to Install.
For a full installation guide please click here.
Updated: January 13, 2021
xbmc.metadata (>= 2.1.0)
xbmc.python (>= 2.26.0)