unrar: Extract, test and view RAR archives
this is an unofficial addon. please don't ask for support in openelec forum / irc channel
Unrar is a package to handle files compressed in the RAR format. Due to strange licensing issues this package can only view, test and extract files in a given archive, but not pack files. But since we have far more advanced open-source compression utils it should be enough to extract the content when you get a RAR archive.
How To Install
- Download the addon.
- Open up Kodi and navigate into Add-ons.
- Click the open box icon (above the side-menu).
- Select Install from zip file.
- If this is the first addon you install, Kodi will warn you about installing addons from "unknown sources" for security reasons - it's your call.
- In any case, Kodi will warn you, you may not get auto-updates for this addon.
- Navigate into the location where you've downloaded the addon to and select it to Install.
For a full installation guide please click here.
Updated: March 22, 2021
License: Not specified
os.openelec.tv (>= 4.0)
xbmc.python (>= 2.1.0)