If you enjoy using FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) and feel that it’s of great value to the world, now might be a good time to show your appreciation.
A new initiative driven by a collaboration between Unixstickers (FOSS & related merchandise store) and different open source projects offers you a limited selection of stickers signed by well known figures from these projects themselves.
The initiative focuses on 5 grand FOSS projects: Font Awesome, GNOME, Ruby programming, Ruby on Rails and Redis, with each of these projects having a representative signed a number of stickers related to their project.
If you are acquainted with these projects, you might as well be familiar with the signatories too, they and the projects they have decided to donate to are:
- Dave Gandy, founder of Font Awesome (all donations go to New Story Charity newstorycharity.org)
- Neil McGovern, Executive Director at the GNOME Foundation (all donations go to the GNOME Foundation www.gnome.org/foundation)
- Yukihiro Matzumoto aka Matz, chief designer of the Ruby programming (all donations go to rubycentral.org)
- David Heinemeier Hansson aka DHH, creator of Ruby on Rails (all donations go to the Electronic Frontier Foundation www.eff.org)
- Salvatore Sanfilippo aka Antirez, creator of Redis (all donations go to Museo dell’Informatica Funzionante museo.freaknet.org)
As you might imagine, the stickers carrying the autographs are unique and therefore cost a bit more than a regular sticker but it’s for a good cause, so..
As Unixstickers puts it –
“It’s a once in a lifetime chance to get something unique and to contribute to FOSS”
To get the stickers click the button below and you’ll be directed to the Unixstickers page.