Browse websites with a remote control
The experience will be degraded unless these external dependencies are installed: â€œpsutilâ€, â€œpulsectlâ€, â€œpyalsaaudioâ€, â€œpylirc2â€, and â€œPillowâ€. Another helpful utility is â€œunclutterâ€, which automatically hides the mouse pointer. (On a Debian-based system, run â€œsudo apt-get install -y python-pip python-psutil python-alsaaudio python-pylirc python-pil unclutter && sudo pip install pulsectlâ€). Finally, a theme with a large mouse pointer will improve pointer visibility, (e.g., https://www.gnome-look.org/p/999574/).
The most powerful way to access content on Netflix and YouTube and Amazon Instant Video would be a web browser, if web browsers provided good native support for a 10-foot user interface. This add-on launches a browser and connects the arrow buttons on the remote control to the mouse pointer. This is the most user-friendly way to consume online content without needing a wireless keyboard.
How To Install
- Download the addon.
- Open up Kodi and navigate into Add-ons.
- Click the open box icon (above the side-menu).
- Select Install from zip file.
- If this is the first addon you install, Kodi will warn you about installing addons from "unknown sources" for security reasons - it's your call.
- In any case, Kodi will warn you, you may not get auto-updates for this addon.
- Navigate into the location where you've downloaded the addon to and select it to Install.
For a full installation guide please click here.
Updated: March 03, 2020
Platform: linux osx
License: GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE. Version 2, June 1991