The new version of Android OS and the devices which suppose to carry it by default are scheduled to land in stores starting November 3.
With this version’s higher number also comes some incremental improvements which should be well felt by the user system-wide.
So, without further ado, here are the new features you should expect from Android version 5 “Lollipop”:
Android 5 “Lollipop” Feature Highlights
- User experience:
- Apps gain support for Material design – a new designing approach which should be better suited for the multiscreen world.
- Enhanced notifications — New lockscreen notifications will be able to surface content, updates, and actions. Heads-up notifications will be able to display content and actions in the forefront, no matter which app is in the foreground.
- “Recents” screen can show concurrent documents in Overview, i.e. one App can show multiple documents (image below).
- Android 5.0 will run exclusively on the ART runtime which in many cases improves the performance of the device.
- 64-bit support added.
- Improved battery life thanks to a new tool and APIs.
- Better visual performance thanks to OpenGL ES 3.1 support and Android extensions pack.
- Advanced camera capabilities available thanks to new camera API.
- Audio improvements — The sound architecture has been enhanced.
As you can see, there’s much to expect in upcoming Android 5.0 Lollipop release, luckily it should arrive soon enough so we won’t have to practice our patience for too long.. :)