According to its website, Flixtor is “The ultimate media streaming app” utilizing the following features:
Flixtor highlighted features
- Watch movies, series, videos and animes from torrents
- Subtitles in more than 30 languages
- Watch the trailer before playing a movie
- Search through 2,000,000 verified torrents
- Filter movie and serie results by genres and more specific categories
Sounds cool isn’t it? However, note that Flixtor, just like PT, is still in beta stage meaning some bugs may be encountered.
Such bugs have already been recognized by the Flixtor maintainers which says the following on their official download page:
“Sometimes our default player might not be able to open and run the video codec and will automatically run VLC Media Player if it’s installed…
- If you get ‘Couldn’t open plugin’ that means it’s not installed
- Subtitles does not work with this player
- This feature is not working in Mac”
Aside from those issues, Flixtor seems to be a great competitor for its project of origin – PT, since it has a little more to offer right now. However, that might soon be changed…
Flixtor is available for all three most popular desktop platforms, i.e. Windows, Mac and Linux both 32 and 64 bit, through its download page.
In case you encounter a problem trying to run it on a 64-bit Linux distro, you’ll probably need to apply a fix similar to the one published here on iWillFolo for Popcorn Time. [ Just switch Popcorn-Time with Flixtor ]
P.S. credit for discovering Flixtor goes to iWillFolo reader ““.